Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring 2009 - Our Newest Additions!

The following biographies are of our newest missionaries that arrived this past January. Please continue to keep them in your prayers!

My name is Nereida Carolina Ballesteros Villamil. I was born in Siguatepeque, Comayagua. I am 28 years old, and am the third of six siblings. My brother Maynor also belongs to the Misioners of Christ. I am a public accountant, and worked for a family as an accountant for 10 years. I like to read and learn a little about everything. I belong to the parish of San Pablo in Siguatepeque and to the youth group “Missioners of Christ and Mary”. My best friend – Jesus. I love to talk to him.

My name is Rudy Benitez. I come from a family of 8 children, 3 boys and 5 girls. My new Christian life began when I was 18 years old through a priest named Father Maximiliano. He invited me to the youth group and at the same time to a mission with the Missioners of Christ. Through him I came to know the Missioners, and in seeing the testimony of the Christian life, I wanted to be a missionary. I spoke with Carolina and she gave me strength to continue to see if it was God’s as will – and it is, because now I find myself living in the community of the Missioners and I am here giving all that I can to find the call of God.

My name is Cecilia, but am often called Cece or Ceci. I hail from the San Francisco Bay Area of California, and am Filipina by blood and in heart. I am the only girl in a family of 5 children, and have the 4 coolest brothers a girl could ever have. I am 21 years old and just graduated from San Francisco State University with a bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and minors in Philosophy & Religion, and Business Administration this past December. I take after my namesake and patron - St. Cecilia, music is one of my greatest passions and my favorite way to speak with our Lord. I am very excited to serve God among His poor, and am humbled that He would call me to serve Him this way. May the good God bless you and may Mary keep you, always!

My name is Edwin. I am 20 years old and am from Agua Blanca, Minas de Oro in Comayagua. I’m from a humble Catholic family. My hope has always been to serve and to surrender my youth to God. God has now given me this opportunity to be a missionary, so I’m going to work hard for God as a Missioner of Christ.


No comments: